I've been sitting this election out from the comment side, but this is "the life and thoughts of a Midwest geek."
Most of my friends attempt to pigeon hole me politically. My conservative friends call me a liberal and my liberal friends call me a conservative. I tend to think of myself as a little l libertarian.
I'm finding this election season very disappointing. The partisanship is extra rhetorical much of the talk from either side is just...[holding back bad words].
I'd like to pose a challenge to those of you that are decided in your candidate. I'm still a bit undecided on a candidate and need your help. I'd like to know why I should vote for your candidate of choice, but I do have some rules.
- At no time can you give a reason FOR your candidate is because he's NOT the other guy.
- A reason for your candidate can NOT be a bad thing about the other candidate.
- Please describe for me the plan, in detail. I don't want to hear, "He's gonna fix social security" or "He's going to cut taxes" - Hell, I can say that...can I be prez?
- If you have supporting details...share them! MoveOn.org and Rush Limbaugh are NOT sources accepted...let's be real here. I like sources that aren't, by definition, slanted.
- If you get uncivilized in your comment...you will be deleted. If you link to a post (perfectly acceptable response to this challenge) and that post is distasteful, you will be deleted. Name calling will not be tolerated. Please refer to here and here and here.
So there you have it. This is your chance to help me become less undecided. As you can tell, I want to make my decision based on who is ACTUALLY the best candidate. I like logic and reason. I'm a pragmatist and I vote.