Monday, January 17, 2011

I have a dream...

I took this photo almost 3 years ago. I've always found the speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. to be one of the most important speeches ever given. It's message was so powerful, but often, so misunderstood.

It is rare for me to stage my photographs. I find it more challenging to find and shoot things, just the way we find them. In this shot, however, I think the message is clear. My young daughters shoes seen as she looks onto the spot where this great speech was given. We need to teach our children important messages as this one before they are forgotten and we repeat more mistakes from the past.

Let's remind ourselves and teach our children, what it truly means to be free. Free at last.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."




***I owe the Father of Five a response to how my brined turkey went at Thanksgiving. I'm so sorry I didn't get back to write it up properly, but for the record, it was the best turkey I've ever had. So tender and juicy, I'll never make one again another way.

1 comments:

Tara R. said...

That is a wonderful photo. It illustrates well how we as parents are trying to lead our children on a better path, one of hope.