Sunday, January 27, 2008

Twins Fest - You won't believe this

Yesterday, I joined Mark at Twins Fest. The annual event to celebrate the greatest baseball team in the world. Well, you might argue that with me, but trust me when I say, you won't convince me otherwise...I'm a pathetically die-hard fan. Heck, I asked B to marry at a game. Seriously. The Jumbotron and the whole shebang!

Anyways, the reason for this post. I'm a softie for good charity, especially the Twins Community Fund. I wasn't having much success finding anything to spend my money on at the vendor show on the floor of the Dome. I noticed that there was a booth selling grab bags. The contained the usually storeroom clearing stuff. Promotional items that the promotion has long since ended, but they promise that 1:2 bags contained an autographed item. There were also so really big prizes that you might find. One bag for each girl ought to work. I grabbed two bags that felt like they had hats in them. Hats are good.

I brought the bags home without looking in them. I really didn't want to know how much junk I was bringing home.

I gave the bags to B and told her she could open up and see if I found anything worth while. I tend to like anything with the Twins logo on it. She's a bit more discerning.

She got pretty excited when she found the Culver's Twin's logo visor. That was cool. We also got a bronze statue of Kirby Puckett. Both bags had 2007 Twins Yearbook, very cool and when B grabbed the last book out of the second bag, an envelop fell out. The envelop looked like an official Minnesota Twins letterhead and in cursive script written in ballpoint pen were the words "Grand Prize!" Huh?

B open it up to find a letter, again, written on the Twins official stationary.

Congratulations!

This certificate is redeemable for
Cheap Seats Special
for the 2008 season!
You will receive two upper level general admission tickets
for ALL 81 regular season home games.

Its safe to say, I might get to quite a few games this year. In case you aren't a huge baseball fan - I won season tickets. Granted, they aren't behind home plate, but who cares, I WON SEASON TICKETS TO THE TWINS! K, KT, S - call me...I can hook you up!

7 comments:

Greg said...

This is not K but it IS Greg. If you ever need to get rid of a couple of the tickets this season, K and I would happily take them off your hands!!

Congrats......81 times!!

everyone needs a ride! said...

I'm sure you already know that My dad and I have season tickets, but not all 81 games. That friggin' rocks that you won. I'm very happy for you.

OhCaptain said...

If either one of you guys want to use them, let me know. S if you need tickets for a game you don't have...let me know. I'm quite sure I won't be using all to them.

Nellie said...

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! Was that whiney enough for you?!

The jumbotron... what a cheeseball! j/k

G and I will seriously go whenever you can't... send us a schedule! :)

Cynthia said...

Well that's pretty cool...I don't find myself wanting to go...but cool nontheless!

OhCaptain said...

Oh, Nap Warden - Why not? Indoor baseball? In the summer? Would have to be more fun than Wrigley Field or some other out door ball park. Think air conditioning!

Well...fine...it's the best we got here. So naah!

Nellie - I have tickets for every single home game. If you have one you want to go to call us. We are not going to use most of them. I mean I would if I could. If I lived in the Cities...I'd be all over that. Might even cause problems in the marriage. Wow...just thinking about being at every home game for an entire season. Happy thoughts!

everyone needs a ride! said...

I thank you very much for your offer and I'm sure Kt and I will take you up on that. Thanks!