Monday, July 28, 2008

Who knew my kids were THIS smart?

I'm not really sure if this is a brag post or a cry for help.

Sunday, we were cleaning the house. OhCountess is seriously procrastinating working on her thesis paper and like a good procrastinator, decided everyone would enjoy some cleaning.

I was doing my usual job, cleaning the kitchen, living room and my office. It's true, I like a clean kitchen. While cleaning, "My Area," I noticed that the music coming from the princess' room was different. Not the usual CD fare I am so sick of used to. This music was new, it was fresh and HOW THE HELL ARE THEY LISTENING TO IT?

In the girls room, we only have a, of course, princess boom box/sing-a-long thingy. The radio works, but the girls have never shown any interest in finding out how to use. I knew this music emanating from their room. I have it on mp3.

When I went into the room, OhPrincess1 was quick to show me her new invention. Seems my smarter then me little girl figured out that if she turns the microphone on attached to the boom box and lays her mp3 player's little speaker next to it, the boom box will amplify the sound to be heard through out the whole room. Go figure.


If she's this smart at 8, I have no pray of keeping ahead of her at 16, do I? I'm dead.

9 comments:

Resim said...

Yes, be afraid, she will outsmart you and you won't even know it.

WeaselMomma said...

Excellent smart. I can't tell you what she will do at 16, but if you want to peek at 14, check out World of Weasels post "Parenting Moments That Take Your Breath Away" This is not meant to be an advertisement,
just to show you the pit falls and quick sand that lay ahead, and give you a laugh.

BusyDad said...

That is BRILLIANT! But of course at that age, "brilliance" and "uh oh" are interchangeable.

WeaselMomma said...

Been stalking the old archives, like you suggested. Thanks for the Blog Roll Love.

Unknown said...

"Let's play Global Thermal Nuclear War."

Umm, I hate to tell you , but you are soooo screwed!

But then again so am I.

IT

Heather said...

Brilliant. You better start taking some classes.

Nellie said...

She MUST have gotten some of my genes! Haha! :) To smart for her britches as grandma would have said!

Kevin McKeever said...

She needs to teach my wife how to use the TiVo next.

Thanks for your comment (my first) on my DadCentric post. See ya soon.

Unknown said...

Yeah...you're def in some serious trouble......HA HA!!!!!!! Send her to ATL...or not so much....I'll make it worse!!