Saturday, May 10, 2008

Exhausted

How has your week been?

Vacations are great. I love them, but man am I tired.

As you recall, I've started a new job at a new place. This means I have almost NO vacation/sick time. I accumulate time off at at rate of 8.7 hours per pay period. Since strep throat requires a bit of bed time, I had already used some of my precious time off. We also are planning on going out to Virginia in July for a family wedding. If the math works. I will have exactly enough time off for that vacation.

But wait! I went to Vegas. Oh yeah, baby! We went to Vegas. But unlike many people, I was back to work the very next day. I've been drowsy ever since.

I've gotten a fair amount of pictures from the trip ready for your viewing pleasure. You can check them out on my photoblog.

The kids were sure glad to see us. I think they had fun with their aunt, still missed us. We spent a lot of family time together this week.

We even went out for supper one extra night this week. Normally we try to limit our dining out to just times when both OhCountess and I are working and we don't get home in time to really make a meal. But this week, we had planned on going to Mr. Pizza North on Thursday. I had meetings and a lot of work to do and OhCountess was working a little late. But on Wednesday, we had a bit of a surprise. OhPrincess1 had Track and Field Day at her school. Daddy Brag: my little girl got a FIRST and a SECOND in her two events! Woot! Woot! Awesome job kiddo!!!

We have some strange kids. When asked where she wanted to go for dinner to celebrate, she chose Applebee's. Our kids seem to prefer Olive Garden, Applebee's and Timber Lodge for their dinners. Not that we are complaining, in fact we are overjoyed. We get something other then McDonalds and Leo's Pizza Palace.

Today, me and the girls are cleaning the house. Part 1 of the Mother's Day present. I have no idea what part 2 will be, but a clean house ain't a bad start. I just hope we can get clean and KEEP it clean until tomorrow.

A really fun series for Dad bloggers (and the curious Moms) was recently wrapped up over at DiscoveringDad. It was called "What does Mom really think about." I suggest you check it out. It was really interesting a really fun read!

Have a great Mother's Day all you Moms out there.

3 comments:

Resim said...

It's always hard to recover from a trip to Vegas! We used to go every year before the kids, but...now Disney and the like is in it's place. Thanks for the link to the What Moms Really Think series! I've got another series coming soon, so stayed tuned!

Robert said...

Welcome home. I often come home needing a vacation from my vacation! I hope Vegas was a good time. I'll go check out your pics. Good start on the Mother's Day idea.

OhCaptain said...

Thanks for stopping by Jeremy! I loved the series. It was both entertaining and informative. Keep up the good work!

robert - Almost caught up from the vacation. Did you get a chance to check out the pictures?